Last week was marked by high and very disappointing inflation figures, which caused the market to fall even lower. Ethereum (ETH) drops 25% despite Merge. The Nasdaq fell 5.5%, and the S&P 500 declined 4.8%.
In this article, we would like to outline the upcoming events you need to remember this week. Despite the red days, discipline and knowledge are the keys to opportunities.
This Week's Earnings Calendar (September 19-23).
While next week's earnings calendar isn't overflowing with big names, a few companies are still worth watching.
- Monday (19th): AZO, LEGN, ABCM;
- Tuesday (20th): APOG, SFIX, ACB;
- Wednesday (21st): GIS, LEN, TCOM;
- Thursday (22nd): ACN, FDS, DRI, MANU, COST, FDX, AIR.
How does earnings date affect stock price? The earnings date can significantly impact a company's stock price. If a company releases strong earnings, its stock price will likely go up. On the other hand, if a company releases weak earnings, its stock price will likely go down.
Important Events Calendar:
This week will be the FED's response to inflation reports. After the consumer price report for August came in hotter than expected, analysts and traders think that the FOMC will fire off a whole point rate hike this time. We will find out how it happens on September 20-21.
What else do you need to keep in mind this week?
- NAHB Housing Market Index (September);
- The Ralph Lauren Corporation (RL) will host an investor meeting on September 19, 2022. The company will provide investors with a strategic update and critical initiatives at the meeting.
- First day of the September FOMC Meeting;
- J.P. Morgan 13th Annual U.S. All-Stars Conference. This conference brings together corporate leaders, financial sponsors, and institutional investors. At this event, it is worth noting the speech of Vincent Roch, the Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI) Company's Chief Executive Officer & Chair of the Board of Directors, about its updates.
- The second day of the September FOMC Meeting. Interest Rate Decision and Press Conference after;
- The Bank of Japan will announce its interest rate decision at the meeting on September 21;
- Rocket Lab USA (RKLB) will host an investor day on September 21. The event's highlight is an update on the Neutron launch vehicle development.
- On September 22, 2022, the Bank of England (BoE) will have a Policy Meeting. Analysts expect the BoE to raise interest rates by another 50 basis points;
- FED Chair Jerome Powell's Speech;
- S&P Global Composite PMI (US and Eurozone) | Flash Estimate.
Week 38 - Upcoming IPOs on Nasdaq.
- Wednesday (21st): Laser Photonics Corp. (LASE).
- Wednesday (21st): Jupiter Neurosciences, Inc. (JUNS).
- Thursday (22nd): Lead Real Estate Co., LTD (LRE).
- Thursday (22nd): Alopexx, Inc. (ALPX).
Worth Watching Stocks.
- NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA). NVIDIA Corporation provides graphics, computing, and networking solutions in the United States and internationally.
2. Home Depot (HD). The company operates as a home improvement retailer and sells various building materials, as well as lawn and garden products.
3. Zomedica Corp. (ZOM) is a veterinary health company that focuses on the unmet needs of clinical veterinarians by developing products for companion animals.
You may use StockInvest.us and the contents contained in StockInvest.us solely for your own individual non-commercial and informational purposes only. Any other use, including for any commercial purposes, is strictly prohibited without our express prior written consent. Systematic retrieval of data or other content from StockInvest.us, whether to create or compile, post to other websites, directly or indirectly, as text, video or audio, a collection, compilation, database or directory, is prohibited absent our express prior written consent.